The world's first handheld speech pronunciation and reading literacy
system listens to spoken reading and diagnoses pronunciation,
to help adults and children learn to speak and read English.
The PROnounce System includes a small but full-powered pocket-sized
PDA, helping to maximize the time available for learning and the ease
of operation during immersion study.
- One-key spoken phrase analysis with customizable scoring and
- One-key word-by-word mispronunciation diagnosis at the phoneme
- Detailed comparison of any phoneme(s) with any set of
- Using Sensory Fluent Speech recognition
PC 2003 PDA: ASUS
or better (others available upon arrangement; inquiries
welcome. Because microphone characteristics must be calibrated,
PROnounce software is not sold separately.)
three forms of handwriting recognition; on-screen keyboard; word
processing with spelling check; word prediction; MP3 player; full-motion
high-resolution video player; stylus drawing; spreadsheet; calendar;
to-do list manager; contact manager; email; web browser; Microsoft
Pocket PC / Windows CE 4.2 software; 400 MHz; 64 MB; compact flash
expansion card socket
- 127,000+ word PDA pronunciation dictionary based on
with Worldbet (ASCII IPA) phonemes
- Worldbet (ASCII IPA) phoneme quick reference guide for American
- Instruction Manual on PDA and hardcopy:
- Starter phrase libraries based on Aesop's Fables
selected for phonetic and vocabulary coverage, with audio recordings
- Web, email, and optional physical subscription access to
and additional ReadSay Phrase libraries
- Tcl/Tk extension scriptability
- 30-day warranty return policy
"PROnounce helps correct my English to speak clearly."
-- adult EFL learner
"It makes the words red
when I say
-- bilingual user, age 5
Compare ReadSay PROnounce to
all other language learning systems using speech recognition....
$499 US + shipping,
tax in California only
outside ReadSay Literacy or sold to third parties. Payments are
securely with PayPal, so your card/account number is never accessed or
ReadSay Literacy TalkNicer.com
Currently only American English pronunciations are available. Support
for standard English pronunciation in the U.K. and India is expected in
2005. Please email with subject "British English" if you would like to
be informed of the availability.
Internationalizationized Unicode and/or audio prompts, special needs
features, and other customizations are available upon request.