TalkNicer.com pronunciation assesment demo
NEW for 2018! Intelligibility Remediation
— preliminary docs: j.mp/irslides
Please click here if
there is e.g. an "error opening microphone."
This is the longest-running pronunciation assessment
demo on the web, from January 2009.)
Add another phrase.
Note: this upload form will be replaced by a device-dependent microphone input widget in production use.
Most demo users should be able to use
Audacity for recording
monophonic 16,000 sample/second, 16-bit sample audio into .wav files for upload.
Here are instructions for Microsoft Windows users which may be simpler than
downloading and using Audacity:
Alternatively, you may download this empty rec.wav
file to your desktop and right-click on it, selecting "Record" from the
pop-up menu to change it; remember to save it after recording.
- Select Start / Programs / Accessories / Entertainment / Sound Recorder
(or Start / Run...
note: you must have use of a Microsoft Windows XP license to download the
- Choose "Properties" from the File menu;
- Click Format Conversion / [Convert Now];
- Choose PCM Format Attributes: 16.000 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono
- Click the [OK] button on both dialog boxes;
- Record the selected phrase with the red circle (record) and black square
- (optionally) play to verify that the recording is what you want; and
- Choose "Save As..." from the File menu to save the file.